Upcoming Fixtures

Folkestone Invicta
0 vs 0

Hastings United

Isthmian Premier Division

Tue 16th Aug 2022

Kick off - 19:45

Folkestone Invicta
0 vs 0

Wingate & F

Isthmian Premier Division

Sat 20th Aug 2022

Kick off - 15:00

Latest Scores

Enfield T.
1 vs 1

Folkestone Invicta

Isthmian Premier Division

Sat 13th Aug 2022

Full time

Folkestone Invicta
4 vs 2

Ashford Utd.


Sun 7th Aug 2022

Full time

Invicta Lottery

Click here to support today Licensed Lottery, Folkestone & Hythe District No. 008

Total raised from supporters

  • £20,500
  • £21,000
  • £21,500
  • £22,000

Donate to Folkestone Invicta FC

Whitehawk FC



The TerraPura Ground,

East Brighton Park, Wilson Avenue, Brighton, East Sussex, BN2 5TS

01273 689433
Website Directions Twitter


Latest History.

Having only finished outside the top three once in the past five seasons, the Hawks have now established themselves as the ‘nearly’ club of the Sussex County League, a title that has also been extended to cup competitions. 2002–03 saw the club once again finish in second place, this time to runaway winners Burgess Hill Town. A comparatively modest 8th place followed the next season, but in 2004–05 the Hawks regained their position amongst the leading clubs in the League, finishing just a point behind runners-up Rye & Iden United. The two sides also met in the final of the John O’Hara League Cup and the Hawks emerged as 4–3 winners. However, they were later found to have played an ineligible player in substitute Bertie Foster and therefore Rye United were awarded the trophy.

The Hawks were quietly fancied to do well again in 2005–06 but could only manage 3rd place again behind champions Horsham YMCA and Ringmer. Having been stripped of the League Cup the previous season, their misfortune in cup competitions continued as they reached the Final again, and also the RUR Charity Cup Final, but lost both, to Shoreham and Hailsham Town respectively.

Season 2006–07 began as a two horse race in the eyes of most pundits with Eastbourne Town likely to be the club most likely to deprive Whitehawk of the championship. Despite the Hawks taking four points from the two League encounters it was Town who prevailed by a single point as both finished the season strongly, hoping for the other to slip up. That Whitehawk finished 11 points clear of 3rd placed Arundel will have been of little consolation. It was a similar story in the domestic cup competitions as the Hawks were beaten once again in the Final of the RUR Cup, this time by Chichester City. It was another hard-luck story in the FA Vase as well after Whitehawk had fought their way to the quarter-finals and found themselves at home to favourites Truro City. As 1,009 spectators filled the Enclosed Ground, Truro won through with a controversial winner late in the game.

However, the league title success that had previously eluded them, finally came their way in season 2009–10 and with it, came promotion to the Isthmian League Division One South for the first time. Season 2010–11 was their debut season at this level and despite being in the title race for the majority, had to settle for third place and with it, a place in the end-of-season play-offs. The play-off semi-final ended in disappointment for the Hawks as after a 2–2 draw with Leatherhead at the Enclosed Ground, the Surrey side progressed at Whitehawk’s expense, courtesy of a penalty shoot-out. They completed a league and cup double the following season (2011–12), finishing as league champions and beating Crawley Down 2–1 in the Sussex Senior Cup. They were promoted to the Isthmian League Premier Division. They had hoped to play the 2012–13 season at the Withdean Stadium but this was blocked by the Football League. The club achieved back to back promotions in the 2012-13 season after winning the Isthmian League Premier Division.

The Hawks struggled in their first season in Conference South with manager Darren Freeman blaming the physical nature of some of the teams in the league. After achieving three promotions in four years, Darren Freeman was sacked in January 2014 and replaced by Steve King. King ensured the Hawks retained their place in Conference South on a dramatic last day of the season at the Enclosed Ground against Sutton United, with a late equaliser for the Hawks ensuring a 3–3 draw and an even later penalty by Dover Athletic relegating Hayes & Yeading instead. The club enjoyed their most successful season ever in 2014–2015, finishing fourth in Conference South and earning a place in the play-off semi finals against Basingstoke Town. After a 1–1 draw at the Enclosed Ground, a tremendous strike from fans’ player of the year Jake Robinson in the second leg won the match 1–0 to earn a place in the final against Boreham Wood, who had finished second in the league. The play-off final at Boreham Wood’s ground finished 1–1 in normal time but an extra time winner for Wood denied the Hawks what would have been their fourth promotion in six seasons. Whitehawk completed the season with a 5–0 victory over Lewes at The Amex to lift the Sussex Senior Cup.

After a good start to the 2015–16 season, The Hawks reached the first round proper of the FA Cup for the first time and achieved national coverage with a 5–3 victory against National League Lincoln City. In the second round The Hawks drew 1–1 at League Two Dagenham & Redbridge, following a dramatic headed goal in added time by Jordan Rose, which was broadcast live by the BBC. In front of a record crowd of 2,174 at the Enclosed Ground, The Hawks lost the second round replay 2–3. To force the match into extra time, Whitehawk again equalised dramatically in added time with a header, this time by Juan Cruz Gotta. The whole match was broadcast live on national TV by BT Sport. The club submitted a further application to the Football Association to change their name to Brighton City in December 2015. This application was withdrawn a month later after opposition from fans and Chairman John Summers spending time on the terraces at an away game at Chelmsford City.

In February 2016, the club parted company with Steve King after picking up just 9 points from the previous 36 available, a spell which also saw the club fall from 3rd to 13th. Pablo Asensio took over from King as Caretaker Manager, re-organising the squad and playing style to such an extent that after drifting down towards the relegation zone, The Hawks finished the season in style – reaching the play offs for the second season running, with Asensio named manager of the month for April 2016. In the play off semi final against long time league leaders Ebbsfleet United, The Hawks lost 1-2 at The Enclosed Ground, but then won the second leg 2-1 in Kent, before eventually losing on penalties after extra time. Pablo Asensio was appointed in May 2016 as permanent manager on a two year contract, which was followed by a complete overhaul of the playing staff for the start of the new season.

The Hawks endured a nightmare 2016-17 season, with five managers having a go at keeping the Hawks’ National League South status intact – and Andy Woodman eventually guiding them to safety. Jimmy Dack took over the reigns in the summer but was replaced by the returning Steve King in September 2017 after a poor start to the season. Despite a remarkable turnaround in 2018, with the Hawks third in the form table up to mid-April, relegation for only the third time in the club’s history was confirmed with a 4-3 defeat at Braintree Town on 17 April. King departed at the end of the season to be replaced by Hawks successful U18 manager Jude Macdonald.