Upcoming Fixtures

Cray Valley
0 vs 0

Folkestone Invicta

Pre-Season Friendly

Tue 17th Jul 2018

Kick off - 19:45

0 vs 0

Folkestone Invicta

Pre-Season Friendly

Sat 21st Jul 2018

Kick off - 15:00

Latest Scores

Folkestone Invicta
1 vs 1

Dover Ath

Pre-Season Friendly

Sat 14th Jul 2018

Full time

Folkestone Invicta
0 vs 5


Pre-Season Friendly

Mon 9th Jul 2018

Full time

Total raised from supporters

  • £32,500
  • £33,000
  • £33,500
  • £34,000

Donate to Folkestone Invicta FC

Invicta Superdraw

Download the application form

View our winners

Superdraw is Licenced by the Gambling Commission registration number 000-005093-N-307917-001
Promoted by Midland Sporting Association, Waterloo Road Wolverhampton WV1 4QR

Kent Senior Cup 1st Round.


 SCORE   1-1

Inv. win 5-4 on pens.   Gate 304 

DATE  05/09/17.    For the Match Preview click HERE

Video of Game click  HERE(when available)

Folkestone Invicta lived to fight another day as they came back from the brink to beat neighbours Hythe Town on sudden death penalties following a 1-1 draw at a rainy Reachfields in Tuesday night’s Kent Reliance Senior Cup First Round tie.

Hythe had scored their first four penalties in impressive style but Invicta goalkeeper Scott Chalmers-Stevens then saved three consecutive spot kicks as Kenny Pogue missed the chance to put Clive Cook’s side through.

Micheal Eveirtt then missed a chance to win it in sudden death for Invicta before Chalmers-Stevens saved from Charlie Webster and Jordan Wright hit the winning penalty for the Folkestone side.

During the 90 minutes, striker Sid Sollis had put Hythe ahead as early as the third minute but Joe Taylor saved the day for Invicta with an 80th minute equaliser.

Captain Ryan Johnson, Dave Cook, Ryan Palmer and Ben Wilson all converted their penalties for Hythe, while Sam Hasler, Taylor and Kieron McCann were all successful from the spot for Invicta.

Visiting captain Callum Davies then became the first player to miss when he fired over the crossbar on what had been his 50th starting appearance since joining the club from Maidstone United.

That gave Pogue the chance to win it for the home side but Chalmers-Stevens saved and Scott Heard then held his nerve to make it 4-4 after the initial opening five penalties each.

Chalmers-Stevens saved again to deny Mitchell Chapman with the first sudden death kick but Invicta’s record appearance holder Everitt could not follow up his F. A. Cup goal against Greenwich on Saturday as Hythe goalkeeper Will Godmon saved to keep the hosts alive.

But Chalmers-Stevens saved again from Webster and Wright’s strike was to put Invicta through to a home Second Round tie against Greenwich Borough on Tuesday September 12th.

Invicta had made seven changes to the starting X1 that had won 3-2 dramatically against Greenwich Borough on Saturday and five players came in for their first start of the new season – Chalmers-Stevens, Nat Blanks, Ronnie Dolan, Wright and Taylor.

One-time Hythe player Dolan was back for the first time since being carried off with an ankle injury at home to Lowestoft back in January.

Finn O’Mara, Davies and Salvyn Kisitu played at the back in a 3-5-2 formation.

But it was Hythe that got off to a great start as the ball fell to SOLLIS – on loan from Margate – who ran at Davies and hit a sweet strike into the net from just outside the penalty area.

Invicta responded as Dolan received the ball from Kwabena Osei and played a god fifth minute pass over to Wright who got clear down the right hand side but his ball across goal was beyond Taylor.

Dolan then sent over a deep cross from the left hand side four minutes later that went past Taylor in the middle and a stretching Wright at the far post.

Wright got in behind Hythe left back Keane Gillett again to latch onto a 14th minute Osei pass but his ball across goal towards Taylor was touched away by goalkeeper Godmon and Heard’s follow up was blocked.

At the other vend, a 21st minute clearance forward was headed back out by Invicta defender Davies and Palmer let fly from outside the penalty area but was wide of the target.

Gillett had to make a saving 23rd minute tackle to deny Wright at the expense of the game’s first corner when Heard played a though ball in a move started by O’Mara and Dolan.

Hythe had to make a first half change as Jordan Johnson-Palmer came on for the injured Will Thomas who had been caught by Wright when the Invicta player combined with Heard.

A 29th minute Blanks ball in was headed out to O’Mara whose shot flew wide of the post.

Hythe went forward just before half time as a great 43rd minute ball found Palmer on the right who cut inside but Chalmers-Stevens comfortably saved the subsequent shot.

Pogue then gained a corner on the right two minutes later and the set piece came out to Johnson-Palmer but Blanks blocked the shot.

A 47th minute Palmer shot deflected off Davies for a corner and Hythe were close again a minute later when a low Pogue shot across goal from the right hand side stayed in and Sollis shot against the post from an angle when he was injured in the process.

Invicta’s top goalscorer Ade Yusuff then limped off to be replaced by Saturday’s match winner McCann.

A 62nd minute Webster free kick was touched on by Sollis and Pogue swung at but missed the ball.

Palmer broke past O’Mara down the right three minutes later and his ball in was met by substitute Dean Grant who was wide with an acrobatic effort.

A 70th minute Palmer corner from the right was then met by a Grant header that Chalmers-Stevens touched over the crossbar.

Invicta then had penalty appeals for handball turned down when a McCann corner was met by Davies and touched out for another corner.

A 73rd minute Johnson-Palmer free kick just needed a headed touch from Palmer but carried to Invicta goalkeeper Chalmers-Stevens.

Invicta were chasing an equaliser as Taylor was crowded out as he tried to turn inside the penalty area after a McCann ball in from the left in a move started by Blanks.

A 78th minute corner from Heard on the left was headed goal bound and cleared off the line by Johnson and the ball was cleared off the line again two minutes later when  corner from the right was met by O’Mara.

An Invicta equaliser was getting closer and it duly arrived when last season’s top goalscorer TAYLOR calmly found space and slotted a low shot into the net to open his account for 2017-18.

Invicta threatened again in the 83rd minute when Wright let fly after being put through down the right hand side by Kisitu but Godmon pushed the ball over the crossbar.

The game’s remaining chances fell to Hythe as Grant lifted his 88th minute shot over the bar as he created space when fellow substitute Johnson-Palmer had played it through after Palmer had initially won the ball.

Palmer found Wilson in space on the left during stoppage time and the latter’s crossfield ball sent Palmer clear on the right who over hit his ball across goal.

A big chance to win the game then fell to Johnson-Palmer when the ball came across from the left hand side but he shot over the crossbar.

The drama of penalties followed.

There were bookings for Hythe’s Johnson (strong challenge which tested Dolan’s fitness in the 76th minute) and for Invicta’s Wright (34th minute flu) and McCann (62nd minute lunge at Webster).

HYTHE TOWN: Godmon, Webster, Gillett (Wilson 88 mins), Johnson, Thomas (Johnson-Palmer 22 mins), Chapman, Cook, Sollis (Grant 63 mins), Pogue, Palmer, Campbell.  Unused subs: Aboagye, Miller.

FOLKESTONE INVICTA: Chalmers-Stevens, Kisitu, O’Mara, Davies, Blanks, Dolan (Hasler 83 mins), Wright, Heard, Osei (Everitt 81 mins), Taylor, Yusuff (McCann 59 mins).  Unused subs: Madden, Roberts.

Corners:  Hythe 7 Invicta 12