Upcoming Fixtures

Folkestone Invicta
0 vs 0

Hastings United

Isthmian Premier Division

Tue 16th Aug 2022

Kick off - 19:45

Folkestone Invicta
0 vs 0

Wingate & F

Isthmian Premier Division

Sat 20th Aug 2022

Kick off - 15:00

Latest Scores

Enfield T.
1 vs 1

Folkestone Invicta

Isthmian Premier Division

Sat 13th Aug 2022

Full time

Folkestone Invicta
4 vs 2

Ashford Utd.


Sun 7th Aug 2022

Full time

Invicta Lottery

Click here to support today Licensed Lottery, Folkestone & Hythe District No. 008

Total raised from supporters

  • £20,500
  • £21,000
  • £21,500
  • £22,000

Donate to Folkestone Invicta FC



 SCORE   1 - 5

DATE  22/07/17.  For the Match Preview click HERE

Video of Game click  HERE(when available)

Folkestone Invicta lost for the first time this summer as Dover Athletic’s new-look side took control during the second half at The Fullicks Stadium on Saturday afternoon.

It had been a fairly even first half that saw new striker Tobo Sho-Silva open the scoring for the visitors.

Second half goals from Kane Richards, Mitch Brundle and Sho-Silva made it 4-0 before Salvyn Kisitu pulled a goal back with his first goal in Invicta colours.

Striker Ryan Bird completed the scoring for Dover with the very last kick of the match.

Dover had three separate chances in the sixth minute as initially a Mitchell Pinnock free kick dipped over the crossbar following a handball decision.  The ball then broke for Brundle who took it on and hit a low shot against the post and a ball from the left was met by a Brundle header that lacked sufficient power to beat Invicta goalkeeper Scott Chalmers-Stevens.

Invicta had to play temporarily with ten men as one-time Dover loanee Callum Davies was being treated on the sidelines with a split lip that required several stitches after the game. The versatile Kisitu filled on a centre half while Davies was off the field.

The home side was holding its own and won the game’s first four corners but without sufficiently threatening the Dover goal during the first half.

Davies returned to the fray with a new shirt and threw himself at the ball to block in the 23rd minute when Brundle found traialist Kadelll on the left hand side of the penalty area.  Pinnock then slipped the ball through to Sho-Silva whose fierce shot was saved by Chalmers-Stevens at the expense of Dover’s first corner of the afternoon.  Brundle’s set piece from the left was headed away by Scott Heard from underneath the crossbar.

Richards shot over in the 27th minute when Pinnock slipped the ball through to him when referee Graeme Ions played an advantage following a foul.

The opening goal came in the 32nd minute when Pinnock slipped the ball through to SHO-SILVA and the summer signing from Bromley’s shot took a deflection to beat Chalmers-Stevens.

Invicta left back Nat Blanks had to make a good saving tackle at the expense of a corner when a good ball was played over to Richards on the right hand side of the penalty area in the 45th minute.

The home side brought Josh Vincent on for Blanks at half time as Kisitu switched to left back.

Dover might have had a penalty when Richards went down under challenge from central defender Kwabena Osei early in the second half.

Bu it was 2-0 in the 53rd minute when Sho-Silva found Kadell on the right and RICHARDS found space with his run into the penalty area and found the net.

It was 3-0 in the 58th minute courtesy of a delicate chip from captain BRUNDLE after Bird had touched the ball back.

Ade Yussuf shot over from the right hand side for Invicta a minute later.

Dover had brought on Bird, a summer signing from Newport County, who had 69th minute shots blocked by central defenders Davies and Osei.

It was 4-0 in the 74th minute when Brundle slipped the ball through to SHO-SILVA who slotted the ball into the corner of the net for his second goal of the game.

Invicta’s Sam Hasler picked up a rare friendly yellow card before Kieron McCann took the ball on and fired over in the 77th minute.

The home side pulled a goal back in the 78th minute when Heard found KISITU on the left hand side and the latter’s ball in sailed over substitute goalkeeper Oliver and into the far corner of the net.

Dover completed the scoring with the very last kick of the game when centre half Manny Parry’s headed ball forward fell to BIRD in the clear down the middle and the striker thumped the bal into the net.

Corners: Folkestone Invicta 7 Dover 4

FOLKESTONE INVICTA: Chalmers-Stevens, Kisitu (Madden 78 mins), Blanks (Vincent 45 mins), Osei, Davies, Heard, Hasle (Jelley 85 mins)r, McCann, Yussuf, Taylor (Draycott 71 mins), Wright (Sahadow 80 mins).

DOVER ATHLETIC: Walker (Oliver 45 mins), Passley, Ilesanmi, Gallifuoco, Parry, Essuman, Richards (Bird 56 mins), Brundle, Sho-Silva (Aziz 75 mins), Kadell (Allen 63 mins), Pinnock (Michael O 71 mins).  Unused subs: Barnard, Essam.

Attendance: 574.